Monday 21 April 2014

Evaluation - Question 3

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?
       
I would want my magazine to be a part of one of the biggest publishing groups in Europe, Bauer. This is because they have 80 brands serving 19,000,000 people, they have a huge audience with 4 out of 10 people experiencing one of their products. They state on their website:
"Our business is built on millions of personal relationships with engaged audiences"
The success of Bauer and the worldwide recognition they have could help my product grow. It would mean I could be supported by a company who understands the magazine industry completely.
As LEAD is a multi-platform brand I would want each platform to be as successful as possible. Bauer could offer different platforms such as radio and television and make each platform recognisable.
Bauer state that they 'connect with diverse and valuable audiences' and this is what I would be looking for when publishing my magazine.
Even though there are other publishing groups such as IPC media, I feel that Bauer would help push my media product to it's full potential and attract a new audience to their already huge fan base. They publish brands such as Q and Mojo magazine, and I feel there is a space in the market for Bauer with my indie/rock magazine, LEAD.
To distribute my magazine, I would want the biggest magazine distributor in the UK, Frontline. Frontline sells and distributes over 160 magazine titles, including 54 of the top 200 selling titles in the UK. They publish magazines such as Q and Mojo. As Frontline are so successful, it is the obvious choice to be the distributor of my magazine. Frontline also try to make a difference by raising money for good causes, I believe that if LEAD is associated with this, that it would appeal to a bigger audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment